The Industry Liaison Office (ILO) was launched in December 2008 to foster economic development opportunities in Ohio and beyond by connecting business and industry to Ohio State discoveries, groundbreaking research, and experts in targeted research areas. Ohio State has achieved world-class status in such areas as medical imaging, cancer, infectious and cardiovascular diseases, global climate change, materials research, electromagnetics, environmental sciences, and agbioproducts. In health care, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is one of the largest and most diverse academic medical centers in the country. It includes a top-30 College of Medicine, six hospitals, more than a dozen research centers and institutes and 20 core laboratories. Its six signature programs – Cancer, Critical Care, Heart, Imaging, Neurosciences and Transplantation – and supporting programs are key to providing science-based and individually tailored patient care. The ILO provides a gateway to accessing these Ohio State assets.
ILO Mission: Dedicated to founding and fostering longstanding relationships with industry worldwide by aligning Ohio State's core capabilities with industry needs and expectations, for mutual and global community benefit.
We will help you gain access to:
- Expertise from one of the nation's leading public research universities
- Novel ideas, emerging technologies, and ground-breaking research developed by Ohio State's world-class faculty
- Investment opportunities in high-tech start-up companies and information about licensing opportunities through the Technology Commercialization and Knowledge Transfer Office
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge equipment and instrumentation
We will help you connect with industry by:
- Facilitating collaborations with companies looking for your specific area of expertise
- Locating potential sources of industry funding for your research
- Identifying companies specifically interested in building collaborative relationships with Ohio State researchers
- Introducing you to key industry leaders and helping you gain access to industry facilities and personnel
- Working with the Technology Commercialization and Knowledge Transfer Office to move your intellectual property toward commercialization
- Promoting the university's vast research potential and technological advances to industry
Questions? Contact me
Gregory B. Wilson, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Director, Business Development – Life Sciences
Industry Liaison and Technology Commercialization Offices
Suite 205 Prior Health Sciences Library
376 West 10th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
(330) 221-7296 (c)