The Area Health Education Center (AHEC) at The Ohio State University College of Medicine is one of 7 regional AHEC offices in Ohio that receives funding from the Ohio Legislature to support and conduct community-based healthcare programs. The AHEC mission is to improve the availability of health care professionals and improve access to quality health care in Ohio. The mission is accomplished through academic and community collaboration, by emphasizing primary care, and focusing on rural and urban underserved areas.
The goals for the use of OSU AHEC funds are:
- To provide students, interns, and residents in the Health Sciences with an opportunity to gain experience in rural and inner city communities
- To provide continuing education opportunities for health care professionals in rural and inner city communities
- To address community needs through health promotion and disease prevention programs
- To interest students in the Health Sciences in primary care practice
- To help solve health care issues faced in urban and rural communities
Questions about the AHEC grant programs should be directed to Terry Bahn at email@example.com